Life is an adventure.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Too cute hats for sale ;)



I have this terrible habit of getting totally involved in crafts I have no idea how to make. These hats are a prime example of that. I found them at a craft show and thought, "I can make that!" So I went looking for cheap fleece and then worried about how I was going to make them. I finally had some time today and pulled everything out to make the hat. Oh, by the way, I don't know how to sew and these hats require sewing. I had all of my stuff out on my island and started cutting. Then I sat down at the sewing machine. I had no idea what to do. So I called my husband. It's weird he knows how to sew and I don't, I realize this. He tried to walk me through threading the machine but it only got me more confused. I found a good illustration in the instruction book and gave it a shot. It worked! The thread came out three times and I successfully fixed it each time. So, this hat is my finished product. I started with the least attractive fleece I had just in case it didn't turn out so well. The light coming through the front door was awesome and I wanted to try some new techniques I learned for my camera so I asked Hannah to model for me. She was less than thrilled! I, however, am tickled at how well the pictures came out. By the way, I plan on selling the hats on Etsy for around $4 or $5. Let me know if you'd like one! wink wink

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I'll take one, well maybe 5/6... I gotta get some head measurements for you... great present idea for the nieces/nephews...

Sara said...

Hi Jen,
Thanks for the link to your blog. I like your top picture...how'd you take it?
And, do you have an Etsy shop? If so, what's the address. Sorry for all of the questions...

Jennifer said...

Sara, you have to slow down the shutter speed. You also need to use a tripod or stand very still. I have a cool shot at night of the fair. I'll dig it up and post it. I just got my Etsy store name yesterday. I have nothing listed currently. The name of the store is creativecatt. I'm hoping to spend some time setting it up tomorrow.

Jennifer said...

Tracy, no need for measurements. The youth size is a certain length and then it will stretch. If you tell me the ages of the kids I can figure out how big or small to make them. I might need to borrow your smallest child to model the small hats for me for Etsy ;)

Tracy said...

No problem... you can have my smallest head anytime you want!!! :)