Life is an adventure.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Another Friday into the history books

One half of my heart is in Isreal. Isreal is really far away. I know this because my 4 year old tells me almost hourly. My love is working in Isreal and he only has one pair of underwear. I'm sure he'd love me telling you that. What is it with airlines and losing luggage? Isn't it their business to get their passengers and their luggage from point A to point B? I'm just glad I'm not there or I'd be mad (I'd be more than mad but this is a family show)! The kids and I managed to make it thru day one.

I was looking through the pictures I have loaded on my laptop and forgot I had taken this one. My dear friend Sarah sent my daughter a page full of googly eye stickers for her birthday this year. A few weeks ago we pulled out the sheet of googly eye stickers and I let Hannah place them wherever she wanted on pages out of her coloring book. There were eyes on arms and legs and randomly placed out in space. Normally I would've freaked and told her she was doing it all wrong, but this time I didn't. She seemed to enjoy it. Quite honestly it drove me batty. Well, a few nights later I was walking through the kitchen and something caught my eye. My son, my boy, the apple of my eye, strategically placed two googly eye stickers on the knobs of my kitchen cabinets. I literally laughed out loud when I saw them. How smart and creative of him! Then I grabbed my camera and snapped twelve shots trying to get the perfectly exposed shot. This isn't that perfectly exposed shot I was shooting for but it's close enough. Just when I feel like having children was about the dumbest thing I could've ever done with my reproductive organs they go and do something cute like this. I, ofcourse, have to document it for the next time I want to walk out the door and never look back!

Look at this girl! That hair, that nose, those lips! She is the perfect combination of the best parts of us! She is the princess I prayed for as a little girl. I just put her to bed and she cried for her Daddy. Most kids cling to their moms and some to their dads but it's unusual to find a kid who will take either parent when they are sad even if both parents are sitting in the same room. Hannah is a kid like that. One time she can get a boo boo and want me and the next time she'll want her Dad. I love that she's like that. It makes it easy for me to go out at night...wait, what? I mean it's great that she shows her dad as much affection as she shows to me. She's sweet and sassy and I love the snot outta her!
The relationship between the two men in my life has been up and down, as I'm sure it always will be. My son's birth father died two years ago this summer. He was hit by a drunk driver on Father's Day 2006. Luckily Bryce was young enough that it didn't effect him as much as it could've. Bryce is difficult to get along with. He is the most oppositional person I have ever met...and I thought I was pretty bad! You can say it's blue and he'll say it's green. This is just his personality. It causes a lot of struggle within our home. I've noticed as Bryce gets older he's growing closer and closer to his Step-Dad. He calls him Daddy now which I think is awesome. I sincerely hope as time goes by and Bryce grows up his relationship with Brent will only grow stronger. They have similar interests and Bryce has a strong desire to spend time with Brent. I pray for patience for Brent to learn to deal calmly with Bryce. It's a struggle anyone who comes in contact with Bryce has to face. They love each other very much and for now that's all I need to know...

This is the look of a man who is beyond sick and tired of his wife sticking her new camera in his face. This look says, "If you take one more picture of me woman I might stick that camera down your throat!" Ok, maybe it doesn't say that, but to me it sure says enough is enough. When I first got my DSLR camera I played with it every minute I possibly could. It didn't take long for my kids to run away as far as they could when they saw me bring out my camera bag. My husband has always been supportive of whatever I wanted to do. When I told him of my plan to make millions with marble magnets he helped me search the internet for bulk, round magnets. I know he secretly wants to put his hands around my neck and squeeze, but I praise the Lord he resists the urge! My greatest desire in life is to be a good wife to my husband and a good mom to my children. I'm so thankful we've found a place that allows the both of us to be who we are while still trying to figure it all out. I love you Brent. I miss you and don't forget to bring me home some sand!
Oh, and when I started this the Packers were leading 6-0, then they were losing 10-7 and now it's tied at 10. I can't believe I'm watching the game when I have free reign of the remote....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your writing astonishes me, motivates me, inspires me... and makes me smile and laugh! You better not ever stop writing! You are talented gifted... and well one hell of a BFF!!

Jessica-MomForHim said...

It's great to "meet" your family! Thanks so much for sharing, and your writing is so fun! :-) Keep it up!