Life is an adventure.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's Monday


Ok, so here is how this morning went down...it all started at 2 a.m. when I felt this presence next to me in my bedroom. It was my 4 year old. She said she saw worms in her bed. Seriously, worms? She said she saw them and she couldn't sleep in her bed, she had to sleep in mine. So I walk her to her room to see these worms. She kept saying, "There they are mommy, I see them!" I tried to get her back into bed but she wouldn't budge. The screams of a 4 year old at 2 a.m. can wake the entire city, so I put her in my bed. For a little thing the girl takes up a lot, and I mean A LOT of space in bed. My husband finally took her to her own bed at 3 a.m. Between 2 and 3 I could hear the cats running and running and running! Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. Fast forward to 6:15 a.m. My 7 year old is awake, I'm awake and ready to hop into the shower because I have to be to work at 8.am. today. So I get in the shower, things seem to be going pretty good. Then my son and his friend are in his bedroom talking so loudly my daughter wakes up and she's screaming. Something has happened to her arm. She won't let me see it, she won't try and bend it. At this point she's screaming so loudly I'm afraid she's managed to break her arm. I quickly realize it's getting close to time for the bus to come. I yell at the boys to get ready. She's still screaming, I can her the boys arguing over who's getting ready the fastest. I've barely had time to finish my cup of coffee! I look at the clock and realize the boys are going to miss the bus. So I start screaming at them to hurry and I notice the bus going down the street. Bye bye bus. We missed you again. At this point I feel like I'm in a horror movie. So I throw the boys in the car, thank goodness I'm dressed and not in my pj's at this point. However, I have no shoes on. So we race down the road and catch the bus at the last second. My son gets out of the car and his friend shut the door on him. He's now screaming and the bus driver is sitting there waiting! Can this really be happening? I have to leave in 2 mins....so he sucks it up and gets on the bus. I get home and my duaghter is still sitting in her bed screaming. My dad and his wife are in town and are planning on watching my daughter while I'm at work. They are still sleeping and I'm down to 1 minute and counting. I can hear my dad's wife yelling at him to get up. He, ofcourse, has selective hearing and cant' hear her. She has arthritis and can't seem to get off the couch. I ran downstairs yelling at my dad to wake up. I turn on the lights and start shaking him. "Dad! Dad! Get up. I have to leave, Hannah is crying and Susan can't get off the couch!" I felt like such a parent. Total payback time! So my dad flies out of bed. I have NEVER and when I say never I mean never, ever, ever, seen my dad move that fast. He's up and out of the bed and trying to find his glasses. So I go up and get my daughter and tell her she has to get downstairs now because I have to leave. She's still crying. So I finally got out the door and still managed to have time to stop and get coffee and a muffin. And now I'm exhausted retelling the long, horrible story. Is it too early for an old fashioned?!!!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

So is it broken? What ever happened to worms and a broken arm... and today is tuesday not monday... :)