Life is an adventure.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Hmmmm

Sometimes I just feel stuck. So I stick my nose in a book and forget to remove it. Or I allow my fingers to dance across the keyboard as the time tick, tick, ticks away. Or maybe, just maybe, I'll stick the buds in my ears, turn the volume up and get lost. Is being lost better than being stuck? Hmm, I wonder...

I have two library books that are overdue by a month and a half. Will I need to take out a second mortgage on my house to pay the late fee? Maybe the Redbox movies will get returned on time. Only five hours until one dollar becomes two. Procrastination is my middle name.

This guy I knew told me that he thought overcooked, crumbled beef reminded him of rat turds. Now every time I cook hamburger it reminds me of him...and rat turds. Tonight I'm cooking sausage.

I spend a lot of time in my head. The well beaten path in my subconscious always takes be back to a long, lost memory. I was five, I was twenty, the first time I got married...It seems like I spend more time in the past than in the present. Now I have a chance to go back and I only want to move ahead. Is it too late to try and forget I tried to go back?

My favorite teacher in school was my seventh grade homeroom teacher. We called her Mrs. Papa. She was the tall, Greek woman with short brown hair. She is the one who convinced me I like to write. I recently tried to look her up on Facebook but can't remember how to spell her last name. I wonder if there is a website with Catholic school alum teachers? Maybe I'll Google it.

No comments: